Search This Blog

Does the Kindle HD 8 work with Chromecast?

Instructions I have read suggested that there are 4 APK's that can be downloaded to get Chromecast working on the Amazon Fire HD.
1. The user will require enabling apps from unknown sources in the tablet by going to Settings and then Security, then under Advanced, change the Apps from Unknown Sources to 'allow from Unknown Sources.'
I have Fire HD 8(7th Generation).
I have installed APKs on my Amazon Fire HD 8 for :
a. Google Play Services app APK
b. Chromecast app using an APK
c. Google framework app APK
d. Google Play Store app APK
After powering down Kindle HD 8, and booting up again, I have icons on Home screen for APKPure, [Chromcast]Home, Play Store.
I have verified via my PC that the Chromecast device is properly working and can cast from PC to TV.
When I tap “Chromecast Home” icon on Kindle Home screen, the screen momentarily flashes with, I assume, the main page for Chromecast, then I am once again back on the tablet Home screen.
I can see no way to activate anything on the Kindle Fire HD 8 to make it send pictures etc to the tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment