Search This Blog

Recovery Process for Facebook Hacked Accounts

HACKED ACCTS: 

First off, if your name and date of birth on your account don't match your ID, you will not get your account back, so there is no need to even go through this process.

Second, if you used the same email on a new account, you have removed it from the "hacked" account and now FB has no way to contact you. 

1. Check the original email for any messages from Facebook, take a screenshot of that message saying your password was changed. Secure that email account by changing the password to a strong one used nowhere else. If this email is expired, use this URL in your browser www.facebook.com/hacked

2. Take a clear photo or scan your driver's license or passport.

3.  Absolutely LOG OUT OF FACEBOOK.



5. Description: 

My account was hacked on Day/Time. The hackers changed my email and password. The email I received on this change had expired by the time I saw it. I cannot access my account or change my password as that goes to the hacker's email address.
Please help me regain access to my Facebook account by sending a password reset code to my email (provide your original email address). Click Browse and add the screenshot of the email and your ID, then submit.

6. Check your email account for a message from FB to reset your password; this email will be time-sensitive so check often. If you successfully change your password and are now being asked for a Code, STOP there. Take a screenshot of the pop-up that is asking for a code.

7. **Use the Security form again while logged out. 
Description: My account was hacked, I did receive the email to change my password but I am now being asked for a code to continue which I can not get since the hackers have added two factors to my account. I will need another code to bypass this to fully regain access to my account. Again click Browse and add your ID and both screenshots.

Check your email account for another message from FB, again this is time-sensitive so check often.
**Repeat the above process if you don't receive one within a few hours.

Be persistent, this will take effort on your part to get this done. If you have to report the above ** multiple times do so, spaced out through the day.

Once you are back in your FB acct, it is time to clean it up..make sure to check your Settings & Privacy, Privacy, Security & Logins and remove the hacker's log-ins from the list, look under Trusted Devices remove any that are not yours, look at Two factor is it still enabled, if so disable it. Check to make sure the only email is yours, the cell number is yours.

To keep your account secure you can re-enable two-factor authentication. Choose how, print or write down the 10 codes FB provides, and add 3-5 Trusted contacts.


No comments:

Post a Comment